THE PAST – Holding on – Letting go

by Corinne

419 Flares 419 Flares ×

the past2 THE PAST   Holding on   Letting go

Holding on to the past is trying to breathe life into a play which is closed.  It is struggling to raise the curtain in a dark theatre, on a dusty stage, by ourselves.

The other players have left.  The stage in empty.

It is going over our everyone’s lines, long since said, playing all the parts – alone.  It is being stuck.

It is entrapment in a time warp.  The costumes no longer fit.  The buttons have popped.  We are different people today but we still force the action.

It is a brutal attack on ourselves, because we become, on this stage, both the victim and the attacker.

Jerry Jampolsky, author of Love Is Letting Go Of Fear, says that “Forgiveness is giving up all hope of a better past.”

We don’t forgive ourselves.  We get caught in the “if onlies,” hanging on to dreams which did not come true, losses – a loved person who has died, an unhappy childhood, a love affair which did not end happily ever after, a youth gone – opportunities which have disappeared.

The game is over, but we are bad sports.  We refuse to accept defeat.  We run the tape over and over.  We can put it on rewind but we can’t get into the movie anymore.

Dr. Wayne Dyer, author of many wonderful books, likens it to our holding on to the bars of a cage.  We rattle them, desperately trying to get free.  But the bars are just in front of us.  If we look to the right, to the left or behind us, there are no bars.

All we have to do is turn around and walk away.

We are looking for love in that past.  A cry that was not answered, a happy childhood, that lover who left, that job to validate us.  We wanted to feel safe, wanted, worthwhile.

Yet we know that we cannot infuse love into what is gone.  We can only give and receive love now.

We have shackled ourselves in bondage.  It is time to walk away from the cage.

The past is not holding us.  We are holding it.

Picture all your past relationships, now lifeless forms, hanging on hooks in a closet.  The closet goes with you wherever you go.

The relationships are part of you – they have made up your experience – but you are no longer part of them.  Although you carry them with you, you can no longer breathe life into them. They are your past.

You can open the closet door and look at the array.  But, if you take them out and try to carry them around, they are a heavy and unnecessary burden.

Bits and pieces are pinned on these hanging forms as progress is made through forgiveness.  And, it is possible that you may meet again in the present, but it will always be a new relationship.

You travel with your closet, filling it more and more each day.  But it is carried for you.  There is no need for you to put it on your back.

You cannot lose it because it is the summation of who you are.  But it no longer applies to your present except as experience and learning.

These are the records of your life and of your heart.  It is up to you to decide to keep the door closed, or to live within the boundaries of a closet.

We can’t put the past on rewind.  The buttons are stuck.  The actors have gone on to other roles. The set has been dismantled.

The movie is over.

Change – is it time?

When your husband has died – a survival guide

Picture by Shelley Tanner

pixel THE PAST   Holding on   Letting go
419 Flares Twitter 3 Facebook 12 Google+ 3 LinkedIn 0 Email -- Buffer 0 StumbleUpon 401 419 Flares ×

{ 3 trackbacks }

Personal Growth with Corinne Edwards » HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! - One year old and counting
June 27, 2008 at 12:41 pm
WHEN YOUR HUSBAND WANTS OUT | Personal Growth with Corinne Edwards
August 1, 2009 at 1:03 pm
Update “Spread the Love NOW! Group Writing Project” | Beyond Zen...
July 21, 2010 at 9:30 pm

{ 73 comments… read them below or add one }

Maggie August 15, 2007 at 1:47 pm

Brilliant, sage and the truth – I am going to print this out and keep it on my desk and refrigerator. Changing habits takes at least 21 days and I have had a 45 year lifetime of habits to change. Like anything else, it takes WORK. I LOVE THE VISUAL ABOUT THE CAGE ON ONE SIDE.

Albert | UrbanMonk.Net December 22, 2007 at 6:57 am

Thank you so much for this beautiful post, Corinne. I don’t know what to say.

December 22, 2007 at 10:29 am

When Albert does not know what to say, I am speechless!

Dr raza December 22, 2007 at 10:30 am

“The past is not holding us. We are holding it.”
I agreed and thats the truth.

Thanks for these thoughts

December 23, 2007 at 6:20 am

Thanks, Dr. Raza, for your comment.

Monks give us a lot of leeway in writing about compassion.

So, I took the topic in a different direction here. The one we rarely consider worthy of compassion is ourselves.

And we may be the ones who are suffering the most.

ReddyK - The Atma Jyoti Blog December 23, 2007 at 5:26 pm

Clinging is indeed a prime factor in our suffering. Learning to let go is not easy, but essential. And the key to letting go is practicing just that in meditation. This helps us do so in our daily lives.

December 25, 2007 at 10:17 am

Learning to let go is indeed clinging to events in our past. I envy those who are successful in meditation. I have to practice more of it so I am not distracted.

Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker
December 27, 2007 at 12:47 am

Corinne, thank you for the wisdom that you have shared in this article. You have given me a lot of truths to think about. I just wrote my own article on Compassion, The Ultimate Act of Love on my site.

December 27, 2007 at 10:57 am

I just read your article. It is so lovely. Thanks for letting us know about it.

For readers – Just click on Patricia’s name and you can read it too.

Every little scrap of looking at a problem through someone else’s eyes is so important. All of a sudden, somthing goes, “AHA!”

Rahul January 3, 2008 at 7:00 am

Hi Corinne,
This is a brilliant post. Thanks for the wisdom. I have been guilty of holding onto the past myself. It took me a lot of time to realise that the past is no more, and there is no point in being a “bad sport”. I wish I had seen this article before, when I was down in the dumps, but hey, I think now I can be more appreciative of it, coz I see the truth in it.

Thanks

January 3, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Dear Rahul -

Glad you liked it and have gone beyond holding on to the past.

Congratulations!

Wade M | TheMiddleWay January 7, 2008 at 4:53 pm

Hi Corinne,

Thanks for your wonderful entry into this project. A very thoughtful and interesting way of looking at the past. Thank you.

Peace,

Wade

Louise Bove December 8, 2008 at 8:17 am

Dear Corinne, What an eye-opener for me! It is exactly what I
have been doing the last few years.Searching for my past. Going over those “if onlies” in my mind. Trying to go back
and finding the road led nowhere. Of course I did find you,
but mostly found that old friends have died, or I could not
find them….obsessively trying to go back there, to old neighborhoods, which are mostly gone…My problem now is how do I go foreward? I only have one good friend here in Stamford,and she is a very busy RN who still works full time, and we communicate entirely by E-mail.That’s a rhetorical
question really. I know I’ll find the answer somewhere in
your blogs! Love, Louise

December 8, 2008 at 7:44 pm

Dear Louise -

Some of the past we seach holds only sad memories.
They are part of the sum total of who we are but we have lived far beyond them.

None of us know what lies ahead. What we do know is that we cannot go back.

The past is dead. We are still here – alive. That means there is something else we have to do in this lifetime.

I don’t believe we have to search for it. It will just present itself in its own time.

This is where the old saying comes into play.

“Let go and let God.”

happymaker
March 7, 2010 at 2:47 pm

“The past is lessons to learn; the present and future are opportunities to practice those lessons.”
Debbie
.-= happymaker´s last blog ..Battling With Your Happiness, Get Empowered! =-.

March 8, 2010 at 8:43 am

Dear Happymaker!

I guess we never get over practicing the lessons.

But we keep getting new ones!

happymaker
March 8, 2010 at 9:13 am

Hi Corrine,

You are right we never do get through practicing the lessons. And when the new lessons come they get easier because of the practice from the old lesson.

Kind of liking children going to school. Each year they learn to read better, because of practice, get better at math, because of practice and it goes now the line.

This is life a learning experience. And I am up for the challenge.

Every once in a while we get a break from learning and that is called a vacation. lol

Debbie
.-= happymaker´s last blog ..Battling With Your Happiness, Get Empowered! =-.

Bruce "the Mid-Life Mentor" March 7, 2010 at 5:23 pm

All of us have done this, some of us do it more than others. A few seem to live here. This method of explaining the situation is superb!
.-= Bruce “the Mid-Life Mentor”´s last blog ..When New Years resolutions are busted =-.

March 8, 2010 at 8:46 am

Dear Bruce -

With your hectic schedule I can see that you would not have much time to live in the past.

Your present and your dedication to other people’s health is all consuming.

Glad you liked the article.

Mitch March 7, 2010 at 5:37 pm

I think you always have to be moving forward but I look to my past as a reference of what has worked and what hasn’t and in a lot of cases I can share it with others to help them in their lives. I agree that to use events of the past as a crutch is in itself crippling.
.-= Mitch´s last blog ..Toronto Maple Leafs Vs. Philadelphia Flyers 3/7/10 Free Pick NHL =-.

March 8, 2010 at 8:49 am

Hi Mitch -

I liked this part of your comment.

“I look to my past as a reference of what has worked and what hasn’t”

In business, that was always my mantra – and it worked for me. Tried never to do that stupid thing again.

Relationship issues have a way of hanging on and haunting us.

Eat Smart Age Smart March 7, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Corinne,

This touched me deeply.

When you say “The stage in empty”, it would explain why I’ve been personally feeling empty for so long.

I’ve been letting go more this year, but I still have a lot of work to do.

Thanks for this post and opportunity to look at my life.

Krizia
.-= Eat Smart Age Smart´s last blog ..Mushrooms should be part of your diet! =-.

March 8, 2010 at 8:54 am

Dear Krizia -

Society – and friends – and relatives are always pushing us to get out and do new things. Make new friends. Join groups. Don’t sit around and mope.

Makes us uncomfortable when we are feeling empty.

My feeling is that it is healthy to feel “empty” sometimes.

The Universe does not like voids. And if we wait, some amazing things come in we never expected.

If the space is crowded with “stuff” there is no room.

Seems to me you are not empty. You are taking a break.

Jan - queenofkaos March 7, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Hi Corinne, very nice imagery to help a person who is stuck in the past. I admit, my mind wanders that way once in awhile . I find the fix for me is to be thankful for all that I have today.
.-= Jan – queenofkaos´s last blog ..Do You Need to Get Organized? =-.

March 8, 2010 at 8:56 am

Hi Jan -

A great fix – gratitude.

And it is said, “what we focus on expands.”

Cheryl from thatgirlisfunny
March 7, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Hi Corinne,
The past has been showing up lately as old friends returning – via facebook. People I haven’t spoken to in 8 years or more wandering back in with happy status reports and smiling profile pics. I wonder, why did we drift apart? Did I like you? Do I miss you? :D

The longer I live, the more people get stacked up in the “people I used to know” column. We move on from jobs and shared activities. We lose touch.

I used to feel guilty about it. But that’s so silly! We meet new people. We make new friends who follow our new interests.

I wonder what would my old friends and I talk about. I don’t want to step back into my old ways of being.

This is perfect:
“We can’t put the past on rewind. The buttons are stuck. The actors have gone on to other roles. The set has been dismantled.
The movie is over.”

Life, as it is today, is a new movie with new people starring in it…if we let it be that way.
.-= Cheryl from thatgirlisfunny´s last blog ..soup served in a toilet bowl and other strange goings-on =-.

March 8, 2010 at 9:06 am

Dear Cheryl -

People have been showing up on Facebook whose names I remember from years ago but nothing else about them.

And they ask for an “update!”

An update from the last time I saw them would take a whole book.

I also feel guilty. Do we have to keep up with everyone we ever knew?

I am not that active on Facebook – so I don’t know the drill.

Have a question for you. If you click “ignore,” do they get that message? I hate to hurt people but my present movie is so full of stuff. And I barely remember them.

How do you handle it?

Cheryl from thatgirlisfunny
March 7, 2010 at 7:31 pm

oops…I almost missed this most provocative line:
“The game is over, but we are bad sports. We refuse to accept defeat.”

So easily said, so difficult to do. It took a lifetime to get this lesson. The game is over. You lost. (what!?) Surrender. Submit. Dust yourself off and get ready to play a new game. MOVE ON! Admit defeat. Close the door. A life lesson we all learn in our own way.

March 8, 2010 at 8:41 am

Dear Cheryl -

“The game is over, but we are bad sports. We refuse to accept defeat.”

Easily said but sometimes hard to do – especially in relationships.

Once the love of my life (at the time) rejected me and married his housekeeper.

Took me a while to get over that one.

What was wrong with ME?????

Joel
March 7, 2010 at 8:24 pm

Inspiring, true and something I’ve been quite bad at in the past (no pun intended). These days I’m much better but reminders like this tell me how much further I still have to go. Do you find it easy to move on, or is it still hard but you can do it?
.-= Joel´s last blog ..Blog Comment Tools For The Talkative Blogger =-.

March 8, 2010 at 9:11 am

Dear Joel -

The little disapointments seems easier to move away from.

The deep hurts are more a challenge. It is almost like a haunting.

It could be the lesson of our lives to learn how. Maybe never.

We have to keep working on it because it does not hurt the victimizer – it hurts only us when we give the event or person free rent in our heads.

Amy LeForge March 7, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Excellent analogy, Corinne. I know too many people who are constantly reliving their past instead of letting it go and living. It’s very sad.
.-= Amy LeForge´s last blog ..FFYF: The Spritzinator Edition =-.

March 8, 2010 at 9:16 am

Dear Amy -

I know people like that too. Sometimes it is me.

Articles I write are often directed to me – and that’s the way I deal with it. Like an exorcism.

Tyrone March 7, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Hi Corrine,

This as well touched me as I remembered those times that I could almost give up everything – even the good parts of my business after being so fed up through those encounters finding a way to outsource my business effectively. Then, I learned to look back, turn around and continue walking into the right path of this present day, both facing all challenges and succeeding in return.

And yes, I’ll be facing more journeys while I am fast approaching the great future but this time, I wouldn’t be threatening myself blaming what I’ve done in the past but they’ll stay as memories and lessons to push through positively today and until tomorrow.

Thanks a lot Corrine for this wonderful lesson. :)

March 8, 2010 at 9:22 am

Dear Tyrone -

I have found that giving up can be a good thing.

We have to carefully and thoughtfully watch the procedure. If we try and try and it is just not working out – it takes courage to let it go.

But it is important to keep the lesson and not throw the baby out with the failure.

What we have to discard is the blame.

Nothing is wasted. Even the failures.

Beat Schindler
March 8, 2010 at 12:24 am

I used to be surrounded by people holding on to the past, so I did the same, thinking it was only natural. Then something happened and I “discovered” hard as we might try, we always live in the present anyway, even when we hold on to the past. That made it easy, or easier, because I understood there’s no need to let go (of the past), but simply focusing on the present does the trick. I also noticed holding-on-to-the-past people often hold on to the past with regrets, rather than joy. “Haven’t seen you in such a long time!” rather then “Carry with me the fondest memories of when we last met!” I do my best to remember happy (past) days with thanks for having had them, rather than with sadness because they’re gone. This way a trip into the past is a happy event and I come back to the present strengthened. Have even come to understand holding on to the past can be a good thing, provided you hold on (only) to the successes. Just like in film-making, where you wouldn’t dream of letting go of all the past takes – you’d end up with no movie at all! Rather you hang on to the best, for the final cut, and let go of all others. The difference being, in movie making past takes that have been let go of are simply called missed takes, while in life we love a bit more drama, so we label them mistakes (or failure, or defeat). Lighten up, they’re nothing but missed takes, and hold on to the good ones with both hands.
.-= Beat Schindler´s last blog ..Finding Back to the Good Life =-.

March 8, 2010 at 9:31 am

Dear Beat -

Filmaking is such a great example here.

How many great scenes end up on the cutting room floor?

Sometimes because we have made the point before – or the movie is too long.

I saw that often when I was doing TV interviews. Some of the guests were famous and I never wanted to cut out a word. But it was a half hour show. You can’t stretch the segment.

As you say, we have to hold on to the good “takes” with both hands and let the others go.

David Rogers
March 8, 2010 at 1:01 am

Corinne
By holding on I take it you mean not accepting certain things have changed and moved on. Our past shapes who we are today and how we behave; its nice to look back and relive experiences. It can be strange, even uncomfortable bumping into friends from the past, as our lives move on.
I wonder how my children’s generation will adjust – with the likes of Facebook are they going to maintain their school day friendships for ever?! We now have the means of staying permanently connected to people, which might not be for the best.
David
.-= David Rogers´s last blog ..Do clothes make a person? =-.

March 8, 2010 at 9:35 am

Hi David -

Cheryl made a similar point.

How long do we have to hold on to people? Can’t we just remember the good things and move on to new experiences?

As you said -

“We now have the means of staying permanently connected to people, which might not be for the best.”

It would make an interesting post. Why don’t you write it?

Lisa March 8, 2010 at 5:14 am

Thanks, Corinne for reminding us of your important message. Life is short, and we can lose A LOT of important time hanging on to a past that’s not good or productive. While we hang on to something that’s not good or right we also ignore the possibility of a future that could have been many wonderful things.
.-= Lisa´s last blog ..Welcome March! =-.

March 8, 2010 at 9:38 am

Dear Lisa -

An important point here -

“Life is short, and we can lose A LOT of important time hanging on to a past that’s not good or productive. ”

‘Nuff said.

andrew from Blogging Guide
March 8, 2010 at 6:55 am

I like to think that I am good at letting go of the past. I tend to look forward…however I’m sure if someone was to question me…I have a lot of baggage I’m carrying around.

Andrew
.-= andrew @ Blogging Guide´s last blog ..Interview: Pawan Agarwal – MaxBlogPress Owner =-.

March 8, 2010 at 9:40 am

Dear Andrew -

We promise not ask you about the baggage you may be carrying around!

Besides, does not look like it is hampering you a bit.

Benjamin March 8, 2010 at 7:44 am

Thank you for sharing this post, Corinne!

My favorite line:

The past is not holding us. We are holding it.

But it frequently seems to happen just outside of conscious awareness.

I have been working at letting go of all fear and guilt for years… but every major breakthrough seems to reveal another layer… something else buried in the past. A base level of acceptance that “this is no longer who I am” (or even this was never who I am) helps quite a bit… but the work goes on.

Oh well. As encouraged by ‘The Charge of the Light Brigade”:

“Half a league, Half a league,
Half a league onward!”

keep smiling,

Ben
.-= Benjamin´s last blog ..Interview with Shinzen Young =-.

March 8, 2010 at 9:43 am

Dear Benjamin -

Oh, is this one true!

“Every major breakthrough seems to reveal another layer.”

We will remember your Charge -

“Half a league, Half a league,
Half a league onward!”

Antti March 8, 2010 at 8:14 am

You said it well on this one., good job with the story and analogy. Making your readers think = great when it works.
.-= Antti´s last blog ..How to show number of comments in WordPress =-.

Lance Nelson March 8, 2010 at 9:26 am

HiCorrine,

What a perfect analogy. One I will never forget. I wish I could let go more of the past. I will work at this one from now on. Here’s to the future! Thank You.
.-= Lance Nelson´s last blog ..Bansko Weather Forecast: Powder Snow =-.

March 8, 2010 at 9:44 am

Dear Antti -

Just following in your footsteps.

“Making people think”

Isn’t that our job in our posts?

Tom March 8, 2010 at 10:51 am

This is really great, and so true. I wonder if it is possible to fully learn to let go of the past. I have known for a long time that it is good for me, but have never been able to do it.
.-= Tom´s last blog ..Closed-Circuit Televisions =-.

March 8, 2010 at 11:16 am

Hi Tom – and Lance -

Who said it was easy?

One technique someone suggested to me was to picture the event or person and then move it in your mind behind you.

I have tried it. It seems to get rid of it for a while anyway.

Let me know if it works for you.

Keller Hawthorne March 8, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Beautiful post Corinne. This focuses on a topic I have had GREAT trouble with in my life. Why do we taunt ourselves with what can never be changed or even revisited? It is self-inflicted brutality. I’ve just never understood how to really let go.
.-= Keller Hawthorne´s last blog ..Membership Site Mastermind Course Reopens Tuesday, March 9th, 2010! =-.

Robb Sutton March 8, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Right on target Corinne!!! I preach this to the high heavens on a daily basis. Learn from the past but don’t relive it over and over again. Nothing comes out of that…
.-= Robb Sutton´s last blog ..Review: OiO Publisher – On Site Direct Advertising Management for WordPress =-.

March 8, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Dear Keller -

Read the comments here.

As you can see, you are not alone in your ability to let go of things that do not serve you.

Welcome to the Club!

March 8, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Dear Robb -

OK You are officially promoted to the head of the class.

Now write us a post on how you were able to -

“Don’t relive it over and over again. Nothing comes out of that…”

And I am not kidding on that.

If it does not fit with your topic, write a guest post here. I would be honored to have you.

Being the Change I Wish to See
March 9, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Corinne,

I read this post when you first published it. I’m shocked I didn’t comment then. I tweeted and stumbled it.

It’s so true. You have a heavy load to bear unless you let go of your past and let it stay put away with no unrealistic ideas about resurrecting it. If your past changed you so much that you can never be your old normal self again, you still have to put it away and find a new normal.

Much love,
Sherri
.-= Being the Change I Wish to See´s last blog ..Ugandan kill-the-gays bill part 10: “The Family” finally condemns the bill =-.

March 9, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Dear Sherri –

Did we know each other almost two years ago when I wrote this post?

Now it feels as though I have known you forever. One of my closest buds.

At that time, I had been blogging for perhaps a year – so if you read
you were one of the few who were not relatives.

Thanks for your tremendous support. And for your tweet and stumble. It is so important to have other bloggers who support you and encourage.

So – Better late.

This is so important – a quote from your comment.

“If your past changed you so much that you can never be your old normal self again, you still have to put it away and find a new normal.”

Life changes us with its ups and downs. It is important to realize that we can really never go back and do it over.

There is a new normal – and it is today.

Jessica MaG March 9, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Corinne, thank you for sharing such a nice piece of info, it just enlightens me.
.-= Jessica MaG´s last blog ..Nokia Terminal Mode in Dashboard: Communication Between Phone and Your Car =-.

Being the Change I Wish to See
March 10, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Corinne,

We are indeed old buds. I’ve followed your blog since Dec. 2007 or Jan. 2008, while I was going through the Blog Mastermind course. I checked back through my tweets and it was about 2 years ago and I posted it from Twitterbar in Firefox. It was long before Tweetmeme. I stumbled it through the toolbar. I’ve had that installed since Aug. 2007.

I read this article by clicking on a related article to a later post. I enjoyed what I was reading and clicked on some more related articles for awhile to read more.

To those who don’t have the related articles plugin, related articles do get people to read more of your blog. I suggest installing it if you haven’t. It doesn’t work on all themes, however, or at least it didn’t. I don’t have it activated on all my blogs and I need to go back and see if it will work now that we have had several new versions of WP since I last tried it.

Sherri

March 10, 2010 at 2:36 pm

OK – Sherri -

Now I understand.

It was from another post.

This article is going on three years old!

Anyway, thanks for finding it. Way back when!

Teagan March 24, 2010 at 10:45 am

What a great post! It’s a reminder and a wake-up call. QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST! I liked this, “It is going over our everyone’s lines, long since said, playing all the parts – alone. It is being stuck.” Oh, how many times have I played a conversation or event over and over in my mind thinking of what I wish I had said or done differently! It’s gone! It’s done! Move on! We can’t change the past, and it’s crazy to live in a future we don’t know if we’ll have or what shape it will take… so living in the present is the only thing that makes sense.

It’s really the only way to live joyously anyway. Celebrate the present. Be fully IN the present instead of looking behind or ahead.

Thanks for reminding me of these truths. Why stay in the shadows rattling the bars of the past when I can walk away into the sunlight of the present?!
.-= Teagan´s last blog ..Another Food Recall =-.

March 26, 2010 at 11:09 am

Dear Teagan -

If we could all do this, we would be a lot more peaceful in our lives -

Loved this part of your comment -

“Oh, how many times have I played a conversation or event over and over in my mind thinking of what I wish I had said or done differently! It’s gone! It’s done! Move on!”

Thanks for joining the conversation here. Come back soon.

Raymond Chua
March 29, 2010 at 6:30 pm

It’s time to let go the past and look forward.
.-= Raymond Chua´s last blog ..The Stairs of Life =-.

Massy April 16, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Like Anthony Robbins says, the past does not equal the future…
.-= Massy´s last blog ..The Mass Outsource Mastermind Special Fast Action Bonuses =-.

BOB MARKLEY September 20, 2010 at 11:12 pm

JUST READ YOUR ARTICAL ON PERSONNEL GROWTH AND THE TRUTH OF THE ARTICAL IS SO VERY TRUE IT MADE ME LAUGH :) I LOVED IT,MAKES YOU JUST SIT BACK AND THINK.

September 21, 2010 at 7:14 am

Thanks for the nice compliment, Bob.

You are new here.

Will you come back?

Please?

Nancy Shields
July 21, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Great one BFF-

Love this one for forgiveness is part of letting go – it’s an act of self love what Mother Teresa once said…what a wise woman! I wish she could have blogged for I would have been one of her followers reading her stories!!!!

So anyway, to forgive to let go – I wrote about this in my New Beginnings post – my 29 year old daughter notified me that I had fallen in love with the memories of my past. That too is dangerous for we all have memories of our pasts and by falling in love with them, then we don’t want to let go….

Love and light,
Nancy
Nancy Shields recently posted..THE BIGGER PICTURE – CAN WE SEE IT?My Profile

July 24, 2011 at 10:58 am

Dear Nancy -

Well, we know where your daughter got her smarts.

And your excellent post on New Beginnings was a treasure.

Nancy Shields
July 25, 2011 at 6:28 am

Thank you for being my gift…..glad new beginnings is a treasure…

In love and light to you,
Nancy
Nancy Shields recently posted..THE BIGGER PICTURE – CAN WE SEE IT?My Profile

July 25, 2011 at 1:09 pm

It is a gift that goes both ways.

Your post on New Beginnings really touched me.

Linda T March 3, 2012 at 1:51 pm

We have been there; done that and now it is time to move on. Right? Living in the past means we are not allowing ourselves to live in the now. We giving ourselves excuses for not improving today….don’t you think. I love your post and thank you for sharing….I love personal growth.

March 3, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Thanks, Linda T -

Thanks. It is difficult to let go – but it means – at last – FREEDOM.

Charcoal Briquetting Machine October 3, 2012 at 4:56 am

We have been there; done that and now it’s about a chance to shift on. Right? Residing in previous times indicates we are not enabling ourselves to reside in the now. We providing ourselves justifications for not enhancing today….don’t you think. I really like your publish and thank you for sharing….I really like individual development.

mma December 31, 2012 at 3:43 am

Thanks for the sharing I know this is kind a off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa? My site goes over a lot of the same subjects as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might beinterested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!